1. Strategic Development Strand
The Strategic Development Strand presented an exciting opportunity for Arts Council funded organisations to work with Counting What Counts to build the best possible Impact & Insight Toolkit to meet the needs of the arts and cultural sector.
Organisations that registered to be involved in the Strategic Development Strand were invited to workshops and to engage with online activities, according to their interests.
Originally intended to be a 12-month long project, the number of requests and suggestions made by workshop attendees indicated that the Strategic Development Strand was an ongoing process of collaborative development and improvement over the course of the project.
In March 2019 we held an initial round of six Strategic Development Strand workshops in Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and two in London. For the full report on the opening meetings we held in March 2019, click here.
2. Artform & Museum Metric Strand
The Artform & Museum Metrics workshops were designed to enable National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) representatives to work together to create new dimensions for evaluating audience and peer experience of individual artforms and museums. Workshops ran in October and November 2019.
Alongside the Artform & Museum Metrics workshops, Counting What Counts and NPOs have been working on other activities relating to the development of Impact & Insight Toolkit dimensions:
- 2 webinars were held in November 2019 to explore how the participatory dimensions could be improved
- One to one discussions with NPOs about dimensions for evaluating the emotional responses of audiences and peers (‘sentiment’ dimensions)
- 2 workshops with literature NPOs to consider how the Toolkit can be developed to support evaluation within the literature sector
We incorporated the insights from all these engagement activities, alongside the outputs of the Artform & Museum Metrics workshops within this report here. The report provides a comprehensive account of how NPOs would like to improve, expand and organise dimensions within the Impact & Insight Toolkit.